Followers

22 March 2017

Radiator Install and engine dress up.


I wrote this post two years ago...just discovered the draft whilst checking out a Surface Pro at the Microsoft store. Might as well finally post it.

Last month was the coldest February on record here in CT. I will, and have, worked on the Vette during the winter but I stop when it's in the teens and twenties. It's just not worth the hassle. Anyway, I managed to get quite a bit accomplished the last couple weeks whenever the temps were above freezing.


First, I didn't like the way the engine looked and realized that not having painted the water pump Chevy orange and leaving other brackets and accessories silver or unpainted was just not cosmetically appealing. Hence, another one step back session. I painted the water pump and throttle body Chevy orange, greatly improving the esthetics, but something still didn't look right. it was the silver Sanden AC compressor and brackets. I had painted the brackets silver. I painted them black and the engine and accessories finally looked right. Of, course this was quite time consuming. Plus, with the cold temps, I had to take the parts in the house to warm up to room temp, heat the rattle paint cans in warm water then take them back out to the garage and quickly paint them.


Before with unpainted w/p, throttle body, ac brackets and compressor.
AC  compressor and brackets painted.









No comments:

Post a Comment